I feel like I've been in a creative vacuum for the last few months and all my blood, sweat, tears, doubts, anxieties, melt downs, mistakes, celebrations, uncertainties, highs, lows, feeling on top of the world, feeling like it ain't good enough, has culminated to this meeting point: Heroine has officially launched in iTunes (listen here) with the first episode of one of the most epic paradigm-breaking stories I have ever come across in my life. It's the story of this amazing woman Roz Savage, who leaves her corporate job to row across the Atlantic ocean, completely by herself. No, she was not an adventure athlete before this. In fact, she was a very ordinary woman who did this extraordinary thing simply by embracing the unknown.
Here's some of the best of what we cover in the episode:
- On the epiphany (inspired by a simple self-help exercise) that changed her life. And why she waited to act. [12:58]
- From self-sabotaging to her lowest point, to finding transformational confidence and her life’s calling. [17:39]
- How the unlikely idea emerged to use ocean rowing as her platform for bringing environmental awareness. [24:46]
- How Roz destroyed self-limiting beliefs and redefined what she was capable of. [35:50]
- The story of her emotional decision to be rescued when she really needed it. [44:11]
- The toxicity of criticism: Roz’s theory on why people criticize, dealing with with her own inner critic, and how she stays true to her vision. [49:22]
- Understanding internal motivations and taking ownership over your life. [56:13]
- On the importance of amplifying heroine journeys, being open to spiritual perspectives, and balancing feminine and masculine energies. [1:00:55]
- Roz breaks down the exercise that changed her life and discusses the importance of crafting your own story. [1:12:28]
You can learn more about the show, including the purpose and future guests here on the official announcement post.
Many of you have asked me: How can I support? First off, just listen to Roz's story. If you're feeling inspired and want others to know about this new potential source of wisdom in their life, here are two other ways you can help:
- Share about the podcast by sharing this Facebook post and/or RT'ing this tweet.
- Review the podcast (see instructions below on how-to). It's super easy!
But above all kick back and enjoy the show! So much wisdom for you to take in and incorporate in your life. So many beautiful learnings from this brave woman who is in so many ways just like you.
How To Leave A Review For Heroine Podcast
From Your Computer
- Go here to the Heroine podcast channel.
- Click on the blue View in iTunes button in the left sidebar.
- Once you’re there, click on Subscribe, and then Ratings and Reviews.
- Click on Write a Review. (This will prompt you to sign in with your Apple ID.)
- You’ll then get a box where you can rate the podcast and write your review. When you’re done, click Submit.
From Your IPhone Or IPad
- Go here to the Heroine podcast channel – this should launch Apple’s Podcast app.
- Note: Another way is to search for the terms “Introducing Heroine” or “Majo Molfino” once you’re inside the Podcast app.
- Hit Subscribe.
- Then tap the Reviews tab, then Write a Review.
- Enter your iTunes password to login.
- Tap the stars to leave a rating, then write your review and tap Send.